Celebrity Alaska Cruise Tips
Book yourself a Balcony cabin!
On your Celebrity Alaska cruise, your average day will include up to 20 hours of sunlight! During significant portions of your Alaska cruise, you will sail within a few miles of land. So, balconies are extremely popular on Celebrity Alaska cruises and often sell-out well in advance - check out the latest prices on Celebrity Alaska cruises.
Where do Celebrity Alaska Cruises sail?
The itinerary and length of a Celebrity cruise to Alaska varies based on where the ship is sailing from:
- The 7 to 14-night Alaska cruises from San Diego and Seattle include port calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway,San Francisco, Astoria, Nanaimo and Victoria just to name a few.
Book your Celebrity Alaska cruise online, or call one of our cruise experts at (800) 961-4635 to help you find the ideal cruise.
When can I get the best price on cruises to Alaska on Celebrity?
When kids are out of school is when the prices tend to be highest. There are usually bargains to be found as Canada / New England is a very competitive market with Carnival Cruises
, NCL, Royal Caribbean
, Azamara Club Cruises
and Holland America Line
all in competition with one another.
When is the best time to Sail to Alaska on Celebrity?
Celebrity's Alaska cruising season starts in May and ends in September. The best time to visit Alaska is likely to vary based on whom you ask. If you are looking for the best prices, May and September may be more appealing. The lowest prices on Celebrity Alaska cruises are offered by the cruise lines during the shoulder months, and, the prices in port tend to be lower (vs the summer high season months). Also, in May and September, many of the ships that sail Alaska have either not arrived, or are repositioning to/from other markets. What this means is that there are fewer ships and fewer people in port when your ship makes a port call. Local retailers will often make better deals when there are fewer customers around -- especially at the end of the Alaska cruise season.
What about the weather on my Celebrity Alaska cruise?
The weather tends to be the best (wildflowers in May, not as rainy as July – August, wonderful fall foliage in September) during these months. However, July – August is a great time for a Celebrity Alaska cruise as the days are longer and warmer. Warmer weather means that the ice melts and you are likely to see more sightings of "calving" glaciers. When a glacier "calves," you witness tons of ice smashing into the water followed by giant waves.
When should I book my Celebrity Alaska Cruise?
Just about every cruise web site and cruise line will advise you to "book your cruise early". And, many cruise web sites will tell you about the "great last minute deals" they have on Alaska cruises. Just a little confusing...
So, here is why it is critical to book your Celebrity Alaska Cruise early.
- First, the biggest expense of an Alaska vacation is quite often the airfare. If you are shopping for a last minute deal, you may get a great cruise price, but, blow all your savings trying to secure an airline ticket at the last minute.
- Second, Alaska is a place where your cabin choice matters – wait too long and the cabin choices might put you in an inside cabin or a cabin with a porthole.
Start your Celebrity Alaska cruise search right now!
CruiseTours on Celebrity Alaska Cruises
Cruise Tours on CelebrityAlaska is the trip of a lifetime and cruising is one of the most economical ways to see the state. However, you only experience a portion of Alaska by taking a cruise. A CruiseTour lets you see the inland of Alaska, including, beautiful places like Mount McKinley (North America's largest mountain) and Denali National Park where you will get your fill of moose, caribou, grizzlies and eagles. Your adventure includes a tour on the White Pass and Yukon railroad, you'll visit the historic gold rush town of Fairbanks, the coastal towns of Seward and Alyeska. An Alaska CruiseTour is a big-ticket item -- we do not sell them online. Call us at (800) 961-4635 and we will be happy to help you find the perfect Celebrity Alaska CruiseTour.
What Else Should I know about Celebrity Alaska Cruises
Celebrity Alaska cruises are "one-way" cruises that include sailing the Inside Passage along the coast of British Colombia. That means that your cruise either starts or ends in Alaska. So, make certain that your flight arrangements take into consideration that the port where you get on the ship is not the port that you will leave the ship. The ports where Celebrity Alaska cruises start and end from are Seattle or Vancouver.What Discounts are Available on Celebrity Cruises to Alaska?
Celebrity offers the following discounts on cruises to Alaska:
- The most commonly available Celebrity Alaska cruise discounts are targeted based on where you live. Cruise pricing can vary depending on your place of residence. For example, a resident of California may get a higher price than a resident of Texas. This system of discounts is extremely complex, and, it is very difficult to project when, how much or for how long such targeted discount programs may be offered.
- Military Discounts for U.S. Military and Canadian Forces -- Active and Retired. On selected Celebrity Alaska cruises, there may be discounts available to members of the military. Please note that these discounts are on selected sailings only.
- U.S. or Canadian Law Enforcement, Fire Dept, or EMT personnel. On selected sailings, Celebrity may offer discounts to law enforcement personnel, fire department and EMT personnel. Please note that these discounts are on selected sailings only.
- Age 55+ may be offered discounts on selected Celebrity Alaska sailings. Like discounts based on where you live, it is not possible to determine when these discounts will be offered.
- Loyal cruisers. Celebrity may offer special incentives to their past passengers -- known as "Captain's Club" members.
The best way to find out what discounts are offered is to search for Celebrity Alaska cruises
online - when you select a specific sailing, we will ask the questions about where you live and whether you qualify for past passenger or military / police-fire-EMT pricing. Remember, these special discounts are only offered on select cruises (cruises that may have a lot of unsold cabins) - don't be surprised if the discounts are NOT offered during high-season cruises, or cruises on newer ships.
Celebrity Alaska Resources
Let CruisePerfection.com send you on a Celebrity Cruise to Alaska. You'll find the largest selection of Celebrity cruise deals, discount prices and helpful advice on Celebrity Alaska Cruises. Book your Celebrity Alaska Cruise online, or call our Alaska cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Celebrity Cruises